Thursday, April 28, 2011

On being a Christian...

I am not sure where the theology of "there are no Christians until every mouth in the world confesses Jesus is Lord" came from. I am not ashamed of being a Christian, and no one else can revoke my relationship with the triune God, not even through their disbelief. Interfaith dialogue is not a mishmash of religious pluralities into some unrecognizable singular faith form. It's when I remain Christian and come together with someone who equally finds value in their own faith and we ask questions and talk about how to be neighbors. My faith will sound Christian, because it is. Yours might not, and that's okay. Your faith (or lack of faith) does not threaten my faith. I'm so glad the God of mystery is bigger than all of our narrow theological constructs.

No comments:

Post a Comment